Sunday, April 5, 2009

Polenta and spinach lasagne

I bookmarked Susan's recipe for Polenta lasagne with Portabellas and Kale ages ago.
I have to laugh - I remember reading that she made it twice in the one week and I thought that it sounded like too much work - and then this last week I made it once and Nat decided that I had to make it again for a dinner party that we were having 2 nights later.

Oh my goodness this recipe ROCKS - it was so easy and so yummy. The photo isn't that great because the light isn't the greatest in our kitchen and its getting darker earlier. Also, this is the leftovers as I didn't want to be taking photos while everyone was waiting to eat. Susan has some beautiful photos though.

I made the quick microwave polenta using Susans directions and used frozen spinach instead of kale. I also used my own pasta sauce which is simple and very yummy.

This recipe was also great for the dinner party because I could make the marinara sauce, the cheese sauce and the polenta the night before and as soon as I got home from work I just put the whole thing together in no time flat!!!

I recommend this recipe to anyone!!! I think this is going to be a regular dish in our house from now on!!

6 comments:

Tara said...

This looks absolutely delicious!! I always say that I'm going to try every yummy recipe I see, but seriously, this one I'm going to try.

Mihl said...

This looks spectacular!

Ricki said...

Okay, now I MUST try this dish! Looks fantastic. And I've got polenta--yay!

sophia said...

thanks for reminding me of this recipe! i made it once a couple of years ago and loved it, why haven't i made it again? yours looks delicious.

Unknown said...

That polenta and spinach lasagne is amazing!!

Golden Sun Restaurant said...

Reminds me of college days when I have a roommate who eats polenta all the time! Looks crazy good, thanks for the recipe! This reminds me of the time I used to cook all the time at home, before I got too busy managing a Chinese Restaurant in Capalaba area. You just inspired me cook this weekend!