But enough of that - For christmas I got given Now Vegan by Lynda Stoner. I had seen the cookbook before but had not really had a good chance to have a look - until now. It looks awesome. I haven't had much of a chance to cook much out of it (I plan to over the next month or two) - but the photos are beautiful - the recipes look easy but also very presentable to dinner guests and she even has gluten free and sugar free recipes.
Last week I was having some friends over and I planned to make Veganomican's Lemony Roasted Potatoes (as this has been a hit every time I make it) - but I didn't have any lemons. I remembered seeing a recipe for Rosemary and Garlic Roasted Potatoes - and within 40-50 mins they were done. All my dinner guests went back for seconds and Nat requested that I make it again very soon. Two nights later I made it again (so I could take a photo and for Nat to enjoy). I served it up with some Pumpkin, Chickpea and Zucchini Burgers. This recipe was annoying and I had to make a lot of alterations. The finished product was wonderful though.The changes I made to the burgers were: replaced the egg with Organ No-egg egg replacer. I also added about 2 tbsp of ground flaxseed and about 1/2-1 cup of flour because the mixture was just WAY too runny. Next time I make them I think I will roast rather than boil the pumpkin.
Anyway the meal was a lovely one. More posts soon - I promise!!


3 comments:
Rosemary and garlic roasties are the best! Although I'm not sure I've ever met a roast potato that I didn't like!
And good job 'fixing' the burger recipe,they look great!
I'll have to try the potatoes--there is just so many recipes in that book! :)
I love how the patties look. Did you eat them plain? (I see on the recipe that they are shown with Yogurt) I'd like to try these soon!
I have Now Vegan too, I think it's a great book and I love that it's Australian too :)
Post a Comment