Sunday, April 5, 2009

Jessy's Sweet and Spicy Adzuki buddah bowls


I am sorry I haven't been posting for a while (apart from the other day). I have been flat out with work and although I have been cooking - it has been later in the evening and the light in our kitchen isn't that great and so many photos are coming out very blurry. But not this one!!

I love food in a bowl - its just very comforting - and with winter creeping up on us I think I will be making a lot more heavier/bowl friendly meals over the next few months.

I was feeling like something a bit different for dinner - I had some broccoli and kale and then I saw Jessy's recipe for sweet 'n sour adzuki buddah bowls and I knew that it was meant to be.

I love adzuki beans because they don't take that long to cook and they have a really distinctive flavour - now they don't win in my favourite bean contest (that is easily butter beans and chickpeas) but they are pretty good (but aren't all beans good??)

These bowls are awesome - I didn't have any cashews or sriracha but I did put in a little hot sauce. I also couldn't be bothered removing the veggies from the pan and then working with the beans before mixing it all back together - after the veggies were cooked I just shoved in the beans and then heated through.

I served this over buckwheat beause I love it and don't eat it enough. Mmmmmm it was wonderful - but then all of the recipes of Jessy's that I have tried are so it is no surprise. If you haven't seen Jessy's blog Happyveganface you should totally check it out!!!

4 comments:

jessy said...

sounds like you're one busy bee, Georgia! we're glad you liked the adzuki bowls! and i have to agree that all beans are good. mmmmmm! i love the texture and taste of adzukis, and that they don't take forever to cook up!

totally gonna have to try buckwheat - i've heard of it but just never tried any. think i need to soon!

thanks for the shout-out, Georgia! you rock! :)

Vegan Era Crew said...

Wow looks like a beautiful, simple dish!

veghunter said...

hey great blog, enjoyed looking around. recently started my own if you would like take a look at www.veghunter.wordpress.com
keep up the great work!

Golden Sun Restaurant said...

Looks crazy good, thanks for the recipe! This reminds me of the time I used to cook all the time, before I got too busy managing a Chinese Restaurant in Capalaba area. You just inspired me cook this weekend!