
Well last night one of Nat's high school friends was down from South Australia as his fiancée was at a conference. They came to stay at our place for the night. The last time we had seen Nat's friend it was at the wedding and we really hadn't been able to spend too much time with anyone that day.
So I thought that I would let Nat pick what I made for dessert. Of course he went for something chocolaty... and so I thought brownies would be something that could be had for dessert and also for snacks if the boys got hungry.
I used the ppk recipe and it was good - you have to give this plenty of time as you have to chill te tofu mixture.
I used sweet william chocolate buds for the chocolate chips and Loving Earth Raw cacao powder**
Well they went down a treat!! Until Nat said (halfway through their first piece) that it was made of tofu!! His friend looked at it (and I thought that he wasn't going to eat it) but said "cool" and kept on eating. I informed nat that usually when a dessert is made out of tofu - don't tell the omnis until after they have finished eating.
Anyway - a sucessful (yet not very healthy) recipe and I think that Nat will be requestion this one again some time.
Tonight my cousin and her husband are coming for dinner - also haven't seen them since the wedding so I can't wait to catch up.
** Loving Earth is an awesome company - you should check out their website which shows their products, their projects and their philosophy. I met the guy who started it and helped him to make his chocolate when dad was wondering whether they should distribute the products - its my favourite chocolate in the whole world!! If you live in Australia I would highly reccomend you try some - its worth it!!

1 comment:
I could have a bunch of those right now!
Post a Comment