Friday, December 5, 2008
Sparkled Ginger Cookies are SO good
Oh My Goodness - if you have not made these cookies then you do not know what you are missing out on!!! I made these three days ago and I think that these will be the cookies that I bake for Christmas parties and Christmas day snacks. I used to love an awesome ginger cake that my friends mum (the owner and chef of the restaurant where Nat and I got married) used to make - this had that flavour.
They were a different texture to a lot of the cookies I usually make. I made them quite large and they pillowed up and looked very pretty. They had a beautiful soft texture. mmm..... they will not last as long as I thought they might. Oh well - I am not upset because they were so ridiculously easy that it will take no time to make them again.
VWaV kicks some cookie arse once again!!
Oh - does anyone know of a good ginger cake recipe?? I would love to make one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
They look perfect! I don't have VWaV (yet) but I have made the gingerbread cut out cookies from the ppk recipe section and they are yummy.
The only ginger cake I have made are the gingerbread cupcakes from VCTOTW, they are v.v.nice!
I love these cookies! They are one of my favorite recipes from VWaV. Yours look very pretty and sparkly! I don't think I've ever made a ginger cake, sounds good!
And they are beauties too!
i have yet to try these cookies - i think i'm going to have to hurry up on making them! yours look perfect, Georgia! mmmmmmmm! and i've never had ginger cake before, so i'm not sure on a good recipe. let us know if you find one though - i'd love to see you create one! it sounds awesome!
I love those cookies, they are so good.
VCTOTW has a great recipe for gingerbread cupcakes, they are yummy! and perfect with a bit of lemony buttercream. I think the recipe is on the PPK, if you don't have the book.
These cookies look really good.Can I get the recipe? Pretty please?
HayMarket08 - I can't give the recipe out - that would be copyright. Besides, I am a firm believer in supporting authors by buying their books rather than getting them off the net (unless they have allowed it to be put up there themselves).
I do recommend getting VWaV - I have tried a lot of recipes from there and every one of them has been a success that I would make again.
Jessy - I am onto creating my own gingerbread cake - but it might have to wait until after all the festivities die down.
Thanks Mandee and Sal for pointing out those recipes - I will check them out at some stage - I don't have VCTOTW yet - but it is on my wishlist.
Hi Georgia, I gave you an award! You can read about it on my blog!
Post a Comment