Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Chickpea cutlets, exams and a new dawn for America
So tonight I finally got round to making chickpea cutlets from Veganomican. I have been wanting to make these since I got the book - but just when I planned to make it Nat got sick - but last night his appetite was back (and with a vengeance!) So after my exam (which went better than I thought possible - I remembered things that an hour previously I thought I was never going to get) and walking out of the exam and turning on my phone to get a text message from nat saying "president Obama", I rushed (well walked quickly) home and was there just in time to watch his victory speech. I had tears in my eyes - there is hope for the world yet.
I was in such a good mood that I thought that chickpea cutlets should be for dinner - and they were FANTASTIC. After reading a number of blogs and the PPK forums I saw that people like them better if they are baked - which is good for me because I am a fry-a-phobe. I was going to make some lemony roasted potatoes, but I ran out of time and I also thought that lots of oil might not be good for Nat's tummy - so instead I just steamed some potatoes, green beans and corn kernels and then drizzled them with lemon juice and seasoned with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
My stomach didn't feel like anything as heavy as a cutlet - but I did take a bite out of Nat's and it was good. I just had the veggies and they were simple and hit the spot.
A great dinner to finish a stressfull (from exams and election waiting) but very good day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
i still don't have that book... (i think xmas), but that will be one of the first recipes i tackle. those cutlets look awesome!
I've made these once and wasn't really impressed, however yours look so great I'll have to give it another go! The one cutlet at the bottom of the photo kind of looks like southern fried chicken. :)
Glad Nat is feeling better and hopefully your stomach will straighten up soon.
i'm glad your cutlets turned out! i need to bake mine next time, i guess, which is fine with me because i am also a fry-a-phobe. sorry your tummy wasn't happy enough to eat one though :( feel better soon.
and thank you for being happy for us over here. not many in my town feel that way, so i feel sort of like a lone bubble of hope at times.
I love the chickpea cutlets! Yours look awesome! When I make them I pan fry them until golden and then finish them off in the oven. I find this makes the perfect texture.
Post a Comment