Thanks for all your well wishes yesterday - Nat is feeling a lot better. However now I am the poorly one. Yesterday I got my first exam out of the way - this afternoon I have my second one (which makes me annoyed because Nat has the day off and will be sitting at home watching the election coverage and I will be slaving unknowingly in my own little world for a few hours). Yesterday's exam was ok - but after I walked home (about 40mins) I was hot and fairly dehydrated and felt really ill - so instead of studying or going to a farewell party for a fellow committee member of Against Animal Cruelty Tasmania, I was lying on the couch with the most excruciating stomach pain ever. When Nathan came home he covered me with a blanket and went to the chemist and got this herbal stomach relaxant. Then, because I was not able to study on the computer - he got my notes and tested me and read through them with me - I hope some of it stuck - I am rather nervous and will be studying pretty hard for the next few hours.
Anyway, for the farewell party that I didn't end up going to, I needed to take something that was very quick and easy to make - as I was also trying to study. I found the Chocolate Thumbprint Cookie recipe in VWaV and decided to make that.
I didn't make many changes (as I was going to be serving them to other people) but I did replace the peanut oil with tasteless coconut oil and used a little bit less sugar.
They turned out really well. They were soft but not fudgy. I will be making these again - however I will start to experiment with agave syrup and spelt flour. I will let you know how it goes when I ever get round to it.
Now off to study *groan*

2 comments:
Yikes you sound like you are having quite a hard time. I'm sure you did better than you thought on your exams. Anyways you rock for being ill AND making cookies! Go put those feet up. :)
Hope you feel better soon, and maybe it was just some dehydration. Good luck on you next exam!
I hope you are feeling better and good luck! Those cookies look delicious, I need to go back to using coconut oil
Post a Comment