Monday, November 3, 2008
Feeling like raw - and this hits the spot!
Well summer is defiantly approaching and my body is starting to crave a lot more fresh alive foods and meals. I am going to have to look into finding some nice simple raw recipes for summer.
At the moment I can't get enough of my grated carrot salad... I make it differently every time depending on how I am feeling. So I will give you a run down of basic ingredients. In the photo I put most of them in just to show you - usually I use a little less of the "toppings".
Basically I grate a medium-large carrot.
I grate some apple as well (how much apple depends on how sweet I feel like - today I used less than half an apple, some days I use a whole apple).
Any other vegetable I desire: celery (chopped finely), ginger (finely minced)
Then I add desired toppings: nuts (chopped almonds, walnuts, pine nuts, coconut flakes or shreds), seeds (pumpkin and sunflower), dried fruits (sultanas, raisins, chopped up dates)
Then I devour!! It is raw heaven - believe me!!!
When I was a kid an after school treat that mum used to make was grated apple and sultanas... that is another dish if your body is craving sweet things.
**Edited November 4th - I was thinking about other yummies that would rock in this salad I came up with: grated beetroot, grated parsnip, chopped pineapple, orange segments or orange juice... the list goes on... mmmmm***
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
hey! I just came upon your blog! I read your first post, you grew up in a vegan home? how awesome! You're very lucky:] Grated carrot salad sounds DELICIOUS and the picture looks divine:]
Yum, this looks great. I love the idea of grating an apple, it must make a great taste when mixed with the carrot.
Can't wait to see you other summer dishes. :)
it sounds like heaven, indeed! looks awesome, too! thanks, Georgia! i'll have to try this. while i'm not one for raw carrots, i think i might like 'em shredded up like this, especially combined with other yummies! mmmmmmmm!
Hey Jessy, If you didn't like carrots I am sure there are heaps of other veggies/fruits that you could add - maybe some grated beetroot, grated parsnip, chopped pineapple, orange segments or orange juice.
The list goes on really. I happen to love carrots but I too can get a little sick of them sometimes.
awesome! i love raw... i've been getting away from it, but i really focus myself more. nice!
Post a Comment