Friday, November 14, 2008

The "I have to make biscuits and be out the door in half an hour" recipe


Sorry for the long title. It sets the scene beautifully though. Apart from my US friends might need biscuits to be translated to cookies.

There I was last night happily thinking that I was going to spend the evening just chilling and watch a movie with Nat, when I get a txt from a friend saying that she was picking me up in 1/2 an hour to go to dinner at another friend's house... I TOTALLY forgot about the dinner and I had said I would bring some post dinner munchies.

Well - with there being nothing in our cupboards that was able to be taken (well there were plain crackers but I didn't have any dip) - I realised that I was going to have to bake something... and something really easy. One of the people going to the party has an intolerance to sugar - so I also had to make it sugar free.

I did a quick search and found this recipe here. It was so simple. I made a few substitutions - I used agave instead of sugar and I also used coconut oil and white spelt flour.

They came out really well. This is the second batch (that I made so that nat would have some for lunches at work) and they got a little burnt because I was running around getting ready and not paying too much attention.

I couldn't believe how good they were for how simple the recipe was. It was a little too sweet for me but everyone else thought it was just right.

4 comments:

Bex said...

wow that is super fast! I didn't know you could bake so quickly.

Georgia said...

Well I left the washing up for Nat to do ;)

allularpunk said...

that is some quick cookie making, for sure. good job!

Anonymous said...

At first I thought "biscuits" as in "scones"--but these biscuit/cookies are much better!