Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Simple Dinners - baked tofu with spinach


Nat has been fighting some stomach bug over the past few days and so he hasn't really been feeling like eating. Consequentially, I have been living off frozen leftovers from all the cooking I did during Mofo.

Last night Nat felt like something simple. I ran through all simple things to see if anything sounded like it would agree with his stomach. We settled on tofu and greens. I have been wanting to try a breaded tofu - but I was happy that Nat was feeling like eating at all and so I settled on using this simple baked tofu recipe from vegweb.

I omitted the oil from the marinade and marinated the tofu for about 2 hours. Then I baked the tofu. I then stir fried some spinach in the marinade and served it atop the spinach.

It was really good (for a really simple meal). I will make it again but when nat is feeling better I will bulk it up by boiling some potatoes, sweet potatoes or pumpkin and mixing it in with the spinach when stir frying.

I have my first exam at 1pm today -Social Problems and Social Policy - wish me luck!!!

6 comments:

Reni said...

Baked tofu is awesome! It's funny that this recipe is the same (maybe similar and minus the ginger) as the one I used when first baking tofu.

Good luck on your exam! I'm sure you'll ace it. :)

miss v said...

ok, i just commented on how you inspired me to get back into some raw foods, and then i see this... and yum!

good luck!

allularpunk said...

good luck good luck! i absolutely love marinated and baked tofu. sounds lovely with the spinach. and i really think that sweet potatoes would be perfect with this!

hope nat feels better soon :)

Tara said...

Good luck and I hope Nat feels better soon! Baked tofu is the best!

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

mmm mmm! I love baked tofu, that looks sooo good too!

Anonymous said...

Good luck! baked tofu is my favourite tofu preparation method.