Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I just had to post straight away because this is GOOD!!


Oh my goodness - I got Veganomican yesterday and decided to slowly work my way into it by trying the cauliflower hummus. The little blurb at the start of the recipe talked about how absent-mindedly we can just eat way too much of normal hummus and then feel terrible after - thats talking right to me - I could eat bucket loads of the stuff. So this is a lower fat version.

Anyway - I had some cauliflower left over so I thought I would give it a go.
IT'S AWESOME!!! Good thing it is a lot less fat than normal hummus cause I ate SO much after making it - and I just had to blog about it straight away.

I made a lot of substitutions... partially because I wanted to reduce the fat - partially because I didn't have some of the ingredients. So here goes

I omitted the oil
I added red onion instead of scallions
I omitted the parsley and paprika
I salted the cauliflower when it was cooking so I didn't need to add any more salt.

I suggest you all go make yourself some right now because it is just to die for :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't tried that one yet, thank you for the nice review!

miss v said...

awesome! i'm always looking to make low-fat low-cal hummus. hummus should be enjoyed by the bucket loads - now we can do it guilt-free! thanks for the ideas!

jessy said...

i really want to try this recipe now - and i have 1/2 a head of cauliflower left over so i can totally make this! yay! it looks so delicious, Georgia! i never would have thought to make hummus from something like this! that's just too cool...

allularpunk said...

i'm not a huge cauliflower fan (mostly the texture), but i bet this would be awesome! it looks so creamy, and yeah..i can put away WAY too much hummus. it's just too good!

Jen Treehugger said...

I've been curious about this recipe since I acquired Vcon 6 months ago. I can't imagine what it's like - so I guess I'll just have to make it.